Alerts

Sri Lanka

Office on Missing Persons handed interim report containing interim recommendations to President Maithripala Sirisena,Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe at Parliament.
Northern Province benefited from investment as,Board of Investment of Sri Lanka opened dedicated office in Jaffna in 2010 to attract investments.
Japan’s defence minister Itsunori Onedera made his first-ever visit to Sri Lanka as part of Japan’s continuing effort to strengthen strategic cooperation with Sri Lanka.
Failure of the parliament to ratify Delimitation Committee Report (DCR) on August 24 illustrates confusion in the ranks of the ruling national unity coalition.
PM Ranil Wickremasinghe address to Colombo Defence Seminar - 2018 BMICH,emphasised Technology Driven new Media including Social Media another source of non-traditional threat.
President Maithripala Sirisena called upon BIMSTEC , leaders of Bay of Bengal Region to take collective steps against drug menace,drug traffickers using ocean routes
SLCG Samudra Raksha, SLCG Samaraksha, new FPV gifted by Japan joined Sri Lanka Coast Guard,Japanese State Minister of Foreign Affairs Kazuyuki Nakane Participated.
USS Anchorage at Trincomalee Port, joined Suranimila to strengthen variety of seamanship skills critical to free open Indo-Pacific region.
Colombo Defence Seminar 2018,stage for active discussions, critical thinking on Security in an Era of Global Disruptions.
Exercise Cormorant Strike IX-2018,annual FTX organized by Sri Lanka Army to commence from mock Operational Headquarters at Minneriya .
Sri Lanka Navy officially took over United States Coast Guard Cutter Sherman in U.S. Coast Guard Base in Honolulu, Hawaii.
President Maithripala Sirisena to lead Sri Lanka Delegation to 4th Summit of BIMSTEC to be held in Kathmandu,preceded by Sixteenth Ministerial Meeting ,Nineteenth Session of Senior Officials' Meeting.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, Kazuyuki Nakane participating in commissioning ceremony ofpatrol vessels donated from Japan to Sri Lanka,to improve maritime safety, strengthen control of maritime borders .
Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe addressed conference themed Building Regional Architectures, met Indian Minister also Bangladesh Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal at Indian Ocean Conference in Vietnam Hanoi
Kerala Police alarmed caravan of trucks bearing flags similar to LTTE arrived in Kottayam with flood relief material vehicles had banner with picture of Velupillai Prabhakaran.
Minister of Ports and shipping Mahinda Samarasinghe said,all ports of Sri Lanka ports owned by Sri Lanka Port Authority,no intention to sell or transfer any port.
As Sri lanka 4th most disaster prone country, government focused attention on promoting opportunity to face disaster risks,said Minister Palitha Range Bandara,
Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena said, 88 percent of lands occupied by Security Forces released to original owners, to expedite releasing remaining 12 percent.
Sri Lanka Navy sending 150-member contingent to Darwin, Australia to participate in multilateral regional maritime exercise, KAKADU 2018.
Japan offered to assist Sri Lanka to strengthen maritime security to enhance defense cooperation,amid growing influence of China in Indian Ocean.

In case you come across any suspicious activity, any suspicious movement or have any information to tell to the Anti-Terror Squad, please take a note of the new ALL INDIA TOLL-FREE Terror Help-line '1090'. Your city's Police or Anti-Terror squad will take action as quickly as possible. Remember that this single number 1090 is valid all over india. This is a toll free number and can be dialled from mobile phones also. Moreover, the identity of the caller will be kept a secret.

Please try to make aware each and every citizen of india about this facility.

Helpline 1090