Unified Commanders’ Conference - 2018
1. The two day Unified Commanders’ Conference for the year 2018 commenced on 30 Jul 18 at New Delhi. The Conference provided a platform for discussions at the Apex Level on all ‘Joint Issues’ amongst the three Services & Ministry of Defence and enabled stock taking of the previous year and facilitated planning for future.
2. The event was attended by the Raksha Mantri, Rajya Raksha Mantri, National Security Advisor (NSA), Dy NSA, the Service Chiefs and other senior military and civil officials of the Services and MoD.
3. Raksha Mantri complemented the Services for their performance and achievements in past year and stressed on the need for greater synergy and jointmanship amongst the Services as well as between the Services and the MoD. She assured the Services that preparedness of the Services would be a top priority for the Government.
4. Earlier, Chairman COSC & CNS Admiral Sunil Lanba welcomed & addressed the august audience. Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal BS Dhanoa, Chief of Army Staff, Gen Bipin Rawat, Def Secy, Shri Sanjay Mitra & Chief of Integrated Staff Lt Gen Satish Dua also addressed the conference.
5. During the conference, under the chairmanship of the Chief of Integrated Staff (CISC), a large number of Tri Services issues were deliberated thoroughly and solutions to contemporary challenges were provided to facilitate future plans for an integrated robust defence preparedness.
6.The scope of this conference has been enhanced this year to enable the forum to facilitate joint stock taking of the previous year’s performance of all Services & Departments of Ministry of Defence and jointly chart the course for the next year. The forum will feature addresses by the Raksha Mantri, the Services Chiefs, Chief of the Integrated Defence Staff, Commander-in-Chief of Andaman & Nicobar Command, Defence Secretary and all Heads of Departments of MoD.
7.During the conference, under the chairmanship of the Chief of Integrated Staff (CISC), a large number of Tri Services issues would be deliberated thoroughly to arrive at solution to challenges faced and to evolve plans for the future.
In case you come across any suspicious activity, any suspicious movement or have any information to tell to the Anti-Terror Squad, please take a note of the new ALL INDIA TOLL-FREE Terror Help-line '1090'. Your city's Police or Anti-Terror squad will take action as quickly as possible. Remember that this single number 1090 is valid all over india. This is a toll free number and can be dialled from mobile phones also. Moreover, the identity of the caller will be kept a secret.
Please try to make aware each and every citizen of india about this facility.